Notes: July 8, 1998 meeting of ThetNet Core team
Present: David Kelman, Bill Weyrick, Bob Crossett
- David reported that E-Rate is in some question as to the
funding. This uncertainty results in making decisions without
certain funding. Decisions were made with the assumption that
E-Rate will not be available. Plan components that will have to be
shelved include: Email server (this will limit the number of
accounts available to students), HTTP server (thet.net will remain
on the Valley.Net server) and some of the Fiber connections.
- David reported TLC Grant will come through according to Phil
Hyjek from state.
- Title 3 or 6 grants may be available.
- $2,500 for an additional projector unit.
- $1,500 for valley.net connection. The 56K data line has been
installed. Network hardware is still outstanding.
- Dave is hoping to use a trailer at TE for a lab of 12 Macs
with Ethernet wiring installed. Bob hopes to create several
clusters of Macs at TA to increase student access.
- 25 Claris Home Page, 1 FileMakerPro and 50 KeyServer were
- Bill and Bob will set up on 8/4/98 for the summer class
offered at TA by Bill on August 5, 12, 19 6:30 &endash; 8:30 for
two hours on creating and uploading web pages to the ThetNet
- Library Federation needs a person to work on their web page on
- More computers should be acquired from Donation Depot. Monitor
decisions need to be made.
- Dave and Bob will move TES and TA sites to the Valley.Net
- Bob should attempt to purchase micro bridges to reduce copper
underground and lightening liability.
The next ThetNet Core team meeting:
8/25/98 , 6:30 at TA library
- We need to locate filtering software - Screen Door is a recent
- Activities required to set-up for school year.
- Set target date and work with School on next survey.
The next ThetNet Steering Committee meeting
October 14,1998, 6:30 at TA library
- Library Federation Home Page
- ThetNet web posting policy and procedure
- Survey initiation.
Screen Door &endash; new www filtering technology
Submitted by: Bill Weyrick
Last Modified 8/5/98 by Bill