Notes: July 8, 1998 meeting of ThetNet Steering Committee
Present: David Kelman, Bill Weyrick, Bob Crossett, Martha Rich,
- David reported that E-Rate is in some question as to the
funding. This uncertainty results in making decisions without
certain funding. Decisions were made with the assumption that
E-Rate will not be available. Plan components that will have to be
shelved include: Email server (this will limit the number of
accounts available to students), HTTP server (thet.net will remain
on the Valley.Net server) and some of the Fiber connections. *
Liora would write legislature.
- David reported TLC Grant will come through according to Phil
Hyjek from state.
- Title 3 or 6 grants may be available.
- Overview of Groups. General agreement with structure.
- Review of time line. Activities up to date to 8/1/1998.
- Library Federation needs a person to work on their web page on
- Next survey should be initiated soon. Core group will set
target date and work with school admin.
The next ThetNet Core team meeting:
8/25/98 , 6:30 at TA library
- We need to locate filtering software - Screen Door is a recent
- Activities required to set-up for school year.
The next ThetNet Steering Committee meeting
October 14,1998, 6:30 at TA library
- Library Federation Home Page
- ThetNet web posting policy and procedure
- Survey initiation.
Screen Door &endash; new www filtering technology
Submitted by: Bill Weyrick
Last Modified 8/5/98 by Bill