Notes: September 1, 1998 meeting of ThetNet Core team
Present: David Kelman, Bill Weyrick, Bob Crossett
- David reported that E-Rate will at most cover monthly bills
for internet connection.
- David reported TLC Grant will come come in at approx.
- There may be TA annual fund drive funds for student e-mail
- It was determined that fiber connections should replace all
underground copper connections in order to reduce risk of
lightening damage. This requires re-engineering data network to
Science and art building, gym and new TES trailer. Additional
hardware will include: 4 repeaters, 4 ethernet to appletalke 12
port bridges, additional fiber and additional media converters.
Dave Phillips will cost out the equipment.
- Routers, Fram Relay, ValleyNet ISP services, a projector, 2
workstations will be purchsed with TLC Grant.
- An additional 9 IMacs are required for TES Lab
- e-mail alternatives were discussed. blitzMail and Apple
alternatives are on the table. Bill will price out these
alternatives. Other questions include: email storage on server,
soft raid, system 6 support, user counts, UPD cost, back-up
- Bill will teach a 6 week Claris HomePage class, Mid October
through November on Tuesdays for Thetford school staff and Adults
on Keys. It will include the incoperation of sound, movies and
animations via ww technologies.
The next ThetNet Core team meeting:
9/24/98 , 6:30 at TA library
9/29/98 - if needed
- Follow-up from 9/1 meeting.
- We need to locate filtering software - Screen Door is a recent
- Set target date and work with School on next survey.
The next ThetNet Steering Committee meeting
October 14,1998, 6:30 at TA library
- Library Federation Home Page
- ThetNet web posting policy and procedure
- Survey initiation.
Screen Door &endash; new www filtering technology
Submitted by: Bill Weyrick
Last Modified 09/01/98 by Bill