Notes: September 24, 1998 meeting of ThetNet Core team
Present: David Kelman, Bill Weyrick, Bob Crossett, David Phillips
- Infrastructure orders were finalized to provide Ethernet services to the TES Computer Lab, TA Kiosks and Science and Arts Buildings. Dave Phillips will provide purchase lists.
- Updated cable and workstation installation programs.
- David Kelman will order an additional 10 IMacs for TES.
- ValleyNet 56K Connection is in place and operational. Bob Crossette will request the full 256 IP addresses.
- Bill will teach a 6 week Claris HomePage class, October 20th through November on Tuesdays @ 6:30 for Thetford school staff and Adults On Keys. The curriculum should incorporate "Vt. Standards" concepts. Emphasis should be placed on www applications for the classroom with a specific product at the end. David will submit for Eisenhower funding. Bill will provide a draft notice to be sent home with students.
- Bob Crossette will staff an "Open Lab" in the TA computer lab on Thursdays 10/22 - 11/19. David will discuss with Claire. An evaluation will follow.
- WWW filtering software was discussed. Affordable solutions that work have not been found. This will be escalated to the Steering Committee.
- David will update community survey and bring to steering committee. Election day and student distribution will be discussed.
- Bob will draft "Community Lab Use Protocols".
The next ThetNet Steering Committee meeting
October 14,1998, 6:30 - 8:30 at TA Library
- Library Federation Home Page
- ThetNet web posting policy and procedure ratification (now posted on ThetNet)
- Discuss updating and maintenance of www pages (maintained by student vs staff, Internet vs intranet)
- Address www filtering software issues
- Do we want to provide dial-in access
- Report about equipment sharing across institutions
- Clarify 4.1.3a timeline item
- Ratify Student Contract and AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) across institutions. Discuss how to hold staff adhere to, and accountable for, AUP.
- Community Lab Use Protocols
- Review ThetNet Team Structure and Members. Initial organization is in the "4/2/98 Core Group Minutes"
- Appoint OESU and Town representatives. Representation at Town Meeting and Town Report
- Review Community Survey and discuss distribution
- Report on Bellingham Survey
- Recruitment and structure of ThetNet volunteers
Submitted by: Bill Weyrick
Last Modified 09/24/98 by Bill Weyrick