Notes: January 26, 1999 Meeting of ThetNet Core Team
Present: David Kelman, Bill Weyrick, Bob Crossett
- Town Report
- Notice was reviewed. David will submit to Adam Keller.
- Server was purchased and installed (HP 400MHz Celeron, 96 MB RAM, 9.6 GB HD running Red Hat Linux)
- BlitzMail Server software was successfully installed and configured (hats off to Bob Crossett, Jon Crossett and Brett Tofel)
- Pilot applications will include 5th/6th grade email proposition
- Initial administration will be with Unix tools.
- Imports from FMP student databases appear possible.
- Full production goal would be next September
- Client can be configured to include name "look-up" access to other regional systems including - Dartmouth, DHMC and ValleyNet
- Bulletin server will be included in later phases
- GovNet Dial-in access for 25 school accounts can be extended for a very modest fee. The Core Group support this expenditure.
- Increased Internet bandwith demand is expected next year. A cost matrix should be ready for discussions. Bob will initiate process.
- Network Address Translator (NAT) has been set-up to expand IP address availability. Gator Boxes have been configured.
- TES Library conections need to be activated. Bob and Dave Phillips will add to their next workday.
- Word is expected from e-rate in the next week. David will follow-up if no contact is made.
- Library www postings should be submitted to Bill in HTML format. David and Bill will follow-up with Jane and Lynn.
The next ThetNet Steering Committee meeting
April 7th, 1999, 7:00 - 9:00 at TA Library
- Library Federation Home Page
- Recruitment of ThetNet volunteers
- Community survey conducted at the Town meeting.
- Discuss updating and maintenance of www pages
- Review 4.1.3a timeline
March 16th, 1999, 7:00 - 9:00